Leaders for Business and Society
The founding mission of Yale School of Management is to educate leaders for business and society. This mission has at least three interpretations, all of which are relevant and important:
- Yale SOM educates purposeful leaders who will pursue their work with integrity;
- Yale SOM educates leaders for all sectors of society—public, private, nonprofit, and entrepreneurial; and
- Yale SOM educates leaders who understand complexity within and among societies in an increasingly global world.
As we continue in this mission, we are guided by our aspirations to become:
1. The business school that is the most involved with its home university: eminent and purposeful Yale.
2. The most global U.S. business school in ways that are differentiating and meaningful given how the world's economy has developed.
3. The best source of elevated leaders for escalating complexity in all sectors.